Nope, “dog breath” isn’t normal. It’s actually a sign of dental disease, which is one of the most prevalent diseases in both cats and dogs. Yet, it is entirely preventable. Dental disease not only affects your pet’s mouth; it can cause damage to internal organs that can seriously affect their overall health and well-being. Our veterinarians believe your pets deserve better. At Alii Animal Hospital, we offer superior pet dental care services for cats and dogs, including digital dental X-rays, dental cleanings, and dental extractions.
Preventing dental disease requires three steps:
- Bringing in your pet for routine oral hygiene evaluations.
- Practicing a consistent dental care plan at home.
- Providing routine professional dental care with our veterinarians.
Professional dental care services are essential for assessing the presence or progress of disease and doing what we can to prevent or treat it.
Our comprehensive oral health assessment and treatment begins with:
- Digital dental X-rays to examine the integrity of tooth roots and bone because 60% of the tooth root is under the gumline.
- Thorough cleaning of each tooth using a special ultrasonic scaler. This efficiently removes built-up plaque and tartar on each tooth.
- Polishing of each tooth to help slow future plaque build-up.
- Extractions of broken teeth affected by periodontal disease.